Mobile phone signal boosters have become quite inexpensive now and that a lot of people are buying them because they can amplify weak existing signals, allowing them to enjoy their mobile phone’s features without a hitch.
So, you’re now convinced in getting a mobile phone signal booster for yourself. You’re shopping online to find one and you’ve probably come across mobile phone signal boosters that support only two frequencies (like 800 and 1900 MHz, for example).
What are these frequencies and why do they matter when you’re going to buy a mobile phone signal booster?
Well, take frequency, in this sense, as akin to that of radio frequencies used in different radio stations. All of them are using a different frequency, making it easy for you which radio station is which.
That is also true for mobile phone service providers. Different service providers use different frequencies in order to dish out their signals.
A mobile phone signal booster might not be able to have support on all of the available frequencies (as mentioned previously).
Therefore, it is very important that you know your service provider’s specific frequency first before buying a mobile phone signal booster.
Do not worry, I will outline some of the most popular service providers in the USA and what frequencies they use so that you can make an informed decision in buying a mobile phone signal booster.
1. Verizon. This is one of the most popular mobile phone service providers in the US and they use the 850 and 1900MHz band for their 3G services. For their 4G LTE, they use 700, 1900, 1700, and 2100 MHz.
2. AT&T. Another popular mobile phone service provider, if you’re using their services, they use the 850/1900 MHz frequency band for their 3G and they use a variety of 4G LTE bands: 700, 1700/2100, 850, 1900.
3. Sprint. Sprint has been gaining traction over the years because of their unparalleled service as well as their data plans. If you’re using Sprint’s 3G services, they use the 1700/2100 MHz and 1900. For 4G LTE, they are using the 800 and the 1900 MHz band.
4. T-Mobile. Another popular choice. For 3G, they use the 1700/2100 MHz and the 1900 MHz band. For 4G LTE, they use the 700, 1900, and 1700/2100 MHz band.
5. MetroPCS. Among the contenders in this list, MetroPCS offers the most affordable data plans. In fact, they offer 4G LTE services for only $40 without any hidden charges. If you’re using 3G, their frequency band is 1700/2100 MHz. If you’re using their 4G LTE services, they use the 700 and the 1700/2100 MHz.
These are the top 5 mobile phone service providers in the US. If you’re looking to buy a mobile phone signal booster, be sure to check out your service provider’s frequency first (or, just refer to this list).
Getting a mobile phone signal booster is probably one of the best things you can do since it will amplify weak existing signals in your area, making you enjoy your mobile phone even more.